Monday, April 14, 2008

Painting at Steve's Arizona - Mittry, Cibola and Alamo Lakes

I was happy to paint while Steve was sharing his favorite Arizona fishing holes with my husband. I didn't know if I could paint on a trip designed primarily for fishing. I wasn't sure I wanted to come on this trip at all. But I enjoyed painting where Steve fishes every winter for 25 years. As it turned out camping in the wilds in our Winnebago was excellent inspiration. I can put emotion and life into a painting if I am totally living in the space where I paint. Painting 6 feet from our Winnibago's door
at first camp at Mittry Lake.
In the background is Steve and his pontoon boat.

Camping on BLM lands near Cibola Lake.

4 comments:

Cathie said...

Ahhhh, a girl after my own heart. Camping on BLM Land - although in that five start motor home you've got I'd hardly call that "camping!!!" lol
I just blogged a few weeks ago about our planned trip to Utah/Moab, Arizon, Colorado, NM (four corners) where we are also - BLM camping -- only in a tent!!! We do it almost every year. Isn't it wonderful. good for you for taking advantage of "our land" and for using to create such beautiful and inspirational art.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Clevelandgirlie,
I am impressed that you camp in a tent. I loved tenting and there is something lost in having a metal shell around us.

rob ijbema said...

that was the first thing i thought,you look so happy,
ofcourse fishing places are excellent for painting and than camping in a camper...that is the life,very impressive out put...you go!

René PleinAir said...

This looks like a great paint site indeed, ...

I am intrigued by your set up, could you give some more details about that?

Especially the easel, ..it looks like a d.i.y. can you also put it in horizontal or vertical position?!